Area of Expertise
I’m an experienced lawyer advising and representing both companies and individuals and I’m based in London.
With over a decade of experience, I specialise in employment, business and in bound immigration work. I’ve been involved in numerous high profile and complex cases. I believe it’s important to take a proactive approach, working to avoid problems in the first place. If the worse does happen, my aim is to resolve things in the most cost effective and timely way possible.
But above all else, I’m down to earth, hands on and I really believe in what I do. If you’d like to get in touch or have a legal issue to discuss, you can contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07968 440 612
My experience includes:
- Litigation and representation from the Employment or Immigration Tribunal right through to the Court of Appeal
- Advice on best practice, procedures and policies
- Drafting key employment documents: contracts of employment, consultancy, freelance and agency agreements, restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses
- Managing grievances, disciplinary action and performance related concerns
- Managing dismissals lawfully: conduct [gross misconduct], capability, retirement and redundancy etc.
- Investigation, analysis, advice and preparation of cases, mediation and dispute resolution
- High value negotiations in contractual disputes and severance packages, as well as representing clients at judicial and private mediations.
Business & Immigration
My immigration work includes Tier 1 (Entrepreneur and Investor) and Tier 2 (General and Intra Company Transfers) of the Points Based System (PBS). I also work with people with private immigration matters under the PBS settlement (naturalisation and citizenship).
I’ve got extensive experience in discrimination claims involving sex, disability, race and age cases. I advise both employers and employees and I’ve been successfully involved in a number of high value, multi discrimination cases against well-known public companies.
I’ve worked in a number of sectors and with a wide range of SMEs. My clients range from insolvency practitioners, pharmaceutical, financial, IT, F&H Education Colleges, social housing providers, charities, voluntary sector & public sector clients (NHS and Local Authorities).
I studied at Birkbeck College, London University and the College of Law, while training at a respected Human Rights firm in the City. I qualified as a solicitor in 2006.
I’m a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and have written articles on religious discrimination and TUPE for the Association.
“Nighat has that great combination of being hugely knowledgeable, highly organised and extremely personable. She has an innate ability to quickly grasp the core of the issue, identify approaches and then deliver. Nighat is very focused on client needs, yet is a realist and will carefully manage expectations on likely outcomes while also highlighting potential risks. She is a true professional who is passionate about employment law and constantly seeking ways to innovate and improve the quality and scope of her work.”
Andy Soloman, Digital Engagement Expert, Founder of Yomdel